Ancillary Task- Magazine Advertisement
My ancillary task:
Intertexuality
Name of Artist
I followed the convention of placing the name of the artist in the middle of the advertisement. I also played around with the spacing between each letter, I feel this made the name more prominent within the advertisement, meaning the audience are more inclined to read the name of the artist. Also making the name bold enhancing the chance of catching the audiences eye.
Picture
All of my influential advertisements contain a picture that has some synergy to their project/album, as I created the music video I wanted to keep the synergy within my advertisement, I used a still from my filming- the ECU of eyes within my music video is very prominent so I thought this was best suited for my advertisement. Furthermore, I added a scratch effect to my photo which made it seem old/worn, I felt this made it feel much more personal, this correlated to the narrative within my music video as that was personal to my main character. Also the contrast from dark background and the blue iris within the eye also contributed to catching the audience's eyes.
Name of project
All of my influential advertisements contain the name of the project/album either the same size as the artist's name or bigger, I decided to go against this convention. I felt as though Selena Gomez's popularity is so important that her name needed to be the main feature of this advertisement, I felt fans of Selena Gomez are more likely to see her name and then buy the product rather than the project title. However, the name of the project 'W.O.L.V.E.S' is nearly enough placed in the middle of the advertisement so it is still centre stage of the advertisement, retaining it's importance.
Tracks
All apart from Paloma's advertisement contain some sort of information in what the project/album also includes, in my advertisement I used songs that Selena had released around the same time as 'Wolves', this also made my advertisement more profession as I feel it followed conventions of real media products.
All of my advertisements contain some sort of Intertexuality which their fans can interact with. Paloma's and Florence's advertisements allows for fans to visit her website for more content related to their projects. Justin Bieber's allows for fans to use their phone to scan QR codes to access exclusive content. I liked the convention of going to a website for exclusive content as this allowed easy access for fans to access this exclusive content.
Appearances
Another convention which I decided to follow was the mentioning of artists that feature on the project, for example on Justin Bieber's project he highlights the likes of Nicki Minaj, Big Sean. In my advertisement I featured the artists who appeared on the songs on the 'album', this included Marshmello, Kygo and Gucci Mane. I feel mentioning other famous artists who feature on projects widens audience as you cater for more fans of featured artist's fans.
Media Platforms
Another convention that I decided to follow was the platforms that the project would be available on e.g. CD, ITunes, Vinyl etc. For my project, I wanted it to be available on platforms that my audience would have the easiest access to, this was CD, ITunes, Spotify and Vinyl as you can se above, having the large amount of platforms also increases the options for my audience.
Overall I think I have constructed a project that has followed, challenged and developed convention of real media products to suit my magazine advertisement.

Comments
Post a Comment